Saturday, April 22, 2017

fly away

It's been a while since I had a good red ale, and at least the label on Barón Rojo is my style.  It's another beer made for a musical group - of course, what goes with good music like good beer?  Birra & Blues comes out of Valencia, where the craft scene seems to be bubbly but quiet.  More product comes from the north than from the east, but some tasty things have popped up before.
Bloop, bloop
It's awfully bubbly, but not enough for a violent eruption when the cap comes off.  The color is a clear rusty red, not terribly aromatic, but slightly sweet.  The taste starts out with the sweet, but suddenly goes sour, cider-like, and finishes with a bitter tail.  It's very light feeling, while flavorful, a sort of beer you could drink all night.  The airiness of the taste reminds me of the seawater beer from a Beer Fair some years ago, which I believe was also from Valencia.  From the coast anyway.  Towards the bottom of the bottle, I think I detect a little citrus among the other flavors, but who knows what aley ghosts lurk in this house?

Supplier: Más Que Cervezas
Price: €2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment