Saturday, December 3, 2016

not mistletoe then

I have to think about Christmas now, what with time flying by as it is.  Gotta browse for some brews.  I haven't been down to Palma Brew very much; I was disappointed the first time because I expected to see cakes.  On their website they say they have cakes!  And there aren't any immediately visible cakes!  They have the bar, a big table in the middle, the shelves of unchilled beer and the refrigerators of chilled beer, but no display case of cakes.  Well, I'll get over it.  They do have some really nice beer.  At first I thought Triple Virgin Cherries could be pushed into a theme, but later thought better of it.  So, it gets drunk tonight.  It's a celebratory kind of beer, though, and although it's not actually my birthday, it's pretty close.  So, near-birthday cherry beer it is.
Some nerve, lounging around like that with Christmas beer to look for
It's opaque and an odd blend of color.  Pink lemonadeish brown for the beer and with a pale pink tinged head.  It smells tangy and sharp, as these red fruit beers tend to do.  The taste, though, is dry, like a champagne or Spanish cider, with just a little sourness coming up as an aftertaste.  A teasing sweetness does appear once the beer has warmed up a little.  Maybe I just had it too cold to begin with.  It loses a little bit of the edge (hah!) but still has a pretty clean and light taste.  While I could see it as a summer pick-me-up, it would also be an alternative to holiday punch, a light counterpoint to the heavier meals of the season.

Supplier: Palma Brew
Price: €2.90

No comments:

Post a Comment