Saturday, March 5, 2016

still chillin'

It must be the chill in the air, but a little kick of sugar along with the alcohol definitely called to me.  Brezo is a brown beer with honey, and a warm and friendly label...although it kind of looks like some creepy cartoon ghost if you just glance at it.  Too bad I didn't have this at Halloween.
The sweetness flows out from the glass right away, and I see it's another cidery colored beer.  It's toasty brown, and rather opaque.  I think I may detect some apple in the smell, but that could also be just because I expect it after looking at the beer in the glass.  The head is not especially abundant, beige-ish, delicately fizzy.  It has a warmly honeyed flavor, to be expected, with a tickle of bitterness on top.  It keeps its flavor nicely, perhaps losing some of the bitterness.  The sweetness does not become overwhelming, though.  Some sediment at the bottom makes a run for freedom when you get to the end, but it doesn't stir up any weirdness relating to the taste.
Yeah, a little thin on top

Supplier: Prost Chamberí!
Price: ~€3.30 (What is it with no receipt printers lately?)

No comments:

Post a Comment