Saturday, August 3, 2013

still feelin' nostalgic


Wandering through a regular supermarket, I saw another blast from my past: Mort Subite.  It's one of those Belgian fruit beers that taste more like soda than beer to me, but are fun to drink sometimes for that reason.  I used to have one on Sundays when we had a philosophy discussion in a pub that will remain nameless.  There are several varieties, but the only one on this supermarket shelf was the raspberry - Xtreme Framboise.  Just as I remembered, it looks like a strawberry soda once it's settled down in the glass (I've almost never had raspberry soda, so I connect the color with strawberry), but it is pretty foamy at first.  It has a sweet and tangy berry taste, no bitterness at all.  It's a nice little thing for after dinner, a dessert all by itself.
Yes, here's to summer...dammit

No comments:

Post a Comment