Saturday, July 27, 2013

visionary

I finally know the secret of the man across the street.  It happened that the town librarian gave me the answer.  I went to ask about getting information on houses and properties and told her which one I was interested in.  It turns out, she grew up in my house!  My room used to be hers when she lived there.  She even saw things through her window.  She told me, in an even more hushed voice than she normally uses in the library, that she saw a family sitting at a kitchen table, eating meals, playing board games, having talks.  Nobody believed her when she told them what she saw since the house was empty at the time.  After a couple of years of having these visions, or whatever, her family moved to another neighborhood and she forgot all about the family in the window.  Years later, she met a man, fell in love, and started her own family.  It actually took her over a year of marriage before she realized - he was the husband from the family in the window!  And she was the wife, and their two children were the children in the window family.  It was a window to the future, but only the viewer's future since she never saw anyone else.  So I've been seeing my future.  I'll be alone and lonely, sitting by myself in ratty old clothes.  Now all my fantasies about the man in the window hang over my head like storm clouds ready to unleash a torrent at any second.  I don't know why I saw my future when it seems like nobody else is seeing anything, but I do know I'll do whatever I need to do to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment