Saturday, July 20, 2013

and now for something...

...well, a little different.

Ah, cider.  Clear and bubbly, cold and refreshing.  While IPAs certainly have a snap that's appreciated in warm weather, a sweet cider is a nice change from all the hoppiness.  I was actually looking for something dark when I spotted Aspall on the shelf, and was drawn to its distinguished bottle.  It's been a long time since I've had a cider.  I don't think I've ever bought a bottle; my imbibing has only been in the Irish pubs.

It's a light golden color, much lighter than the apple juice I'm used to, and pleasantly fizzy.  It certainly tastes apply, just a little sweet without being overwhelming.  It doesn't take long to get sticky on the back of the tongue, unfortunately, but it's still tasty and when cold, a fine drink on a warm summer night.

No comments:

Post a Comment