Tuesday, August 9, 2022

attack ready

Temperatures are still high, but staying at more "normal" levels these days.  Still makes you want to relax with a good wet glass of something, though.  I got a second-hand Instagram recommendation for a book on the modern British brewing industry, specifically how it wiggled out from the thumb of its own macros.  Brew Britannia, for those interested.  I'm deeply bothered by how much I don't know culturally about our forbear.  Well, that's what collected information is for!  Anyway, a British beer seems like a fitting choice, something to keep me in the mood for learning while being gobsmacked by unsuspected attitudes.  A hundred years behind Spain in fully accepting lagers, can you believe it?  Of course, the most available British beers are ales, and this one is premium, so high expectations here!  Its name, Bombardier, makes you think it's going to squash your summer doldrums for sure.  Gonna fly high for me Eagle?

Certainly not a pale ale, although it has a pretty classic beer color and aroma.  It's a little bready, not sharp or fruity.  I'm expecting more of a bitter punch, but it's bready in taste too, although also crusty-warm feeling, like a loaf just out of the oven.  It dances between sweet and bitter, with a flavor that feels very herb-like.  The feeling is rather heavy, but it disappears immediately after swallowing, so not a difficult beer to drink.  It's subdued, a companion beer, one that supports conversations with friends, strong-flavored dinners, not demanding the spotlight for itself.  I'm not overwhelmed, but I'm not upset about it at all.  It makes me think I should get myself a pizza and dig out some classic movies.

Supplier: Cervecissimus

Price: €3.80

No comments:

Post a Comment