Friday, January 1, 2021

seven avian species (or thereabouts)

On the seventh day of Beermas I went and bought for me

Seven feathered friends a-fluttering

Six phoenixes rising

Five photographic plates

Four flying saucers

Three sunny toucans

Two dogs in costume

And a lone eagle flying free

 

I thought there might have been a swan in the flock, but now that I look closer there might not be.  Well, I'm obviously going with it anyway.

Another one that's lighter than expected for the style, but again the aroma is there to reassure you.  This beer has a much heavier taste, not exactly bitter but it's a punch in the mouth at the first sip.  Careful tastes later reveal more of the citrus quality.  This is a fairly standard IPA, with the bright citrusy hops and the fruity almost tropical flavor.  It doesn't have a whole lot of layers to dig through, it's straightforward and enjoyable.  There is a little bit of build-up at the back of the tongue, so it's not as clean-drinking as the simple taste might indicate, but there's no weird aftertaste and no unpleasant surprises popping up after a few sips.  Really, very suitable for an IPA and an eye-opener for a brave new year.  I'm just a tiny bit disappointed that a beer called Ransack The  Universe doesn't have more weird and wild stuff in it, but I can hardly complain about what I got.  A lesson for us all?

No comments:

Post a Comment