Saturday, January 2, 2021

eight lactating dragons

On the eighth day of Beermas I went and bought for me

Eight lizards leaking

Seven feathered friends a-fluttering

Six phoenixes rising

Five photographic plates

Four flying saucers

Three sunny toucans

Two dogs in costume

And a lone eagle flying free

 

It could have been a milk stout, but no, Dragon's Milk appeared like a vision in the refrigerated case.  I thought maybe I had had it before, but it's not in the Beermas list, so I think I'm safe.  While the days are dark and cold, it's nice to have something substantial to warm you up in the evening, and even though I really, really like my dark beers as dark beers, it's not a big deal to have something extra with them once in a while.

Looks pretty normal, very fine head over a rich brown brew.  The bourbon is very clearly present, although it's not as syrupy a sweetness as some others have given off.  It really tastes like a beer-bourbon cocktail - a solemn entry of bitter with a wave of candied liquor immediately after.  There's some licorice/coffee buried at the bottom, that kind of oddly rises in the aftertaste.  Although it's a light feeling beer, it does leave a bit of stickiness on the tongue.  Not too heavy for the alcohol content, though.  It's not immediately obvious that you're drinking an 11% beer, which may feel good at the time, but could be dangerous in combination with other drinks.  What I would expect any dragon extract to be really.

No comments:

Post a Comment