Sunday, August 16, 2020

redeye

This is very much the summer of the introvert.  All the encouragement to stay home, have as little contact with others as possible, lots of people feeling lost and upset without their human stimulation...and I feel perfectly happy to sit at home with my beer.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I like to go out for beer too.  But there's no hardship in watching a movie on the couch and maybe having a chat or Zoom convo about it later.  As long as I'm treating myself, I might as well get something special.  Alpha Delta's Hybris certainly looks special; a cherry vanilla Imperial Berliner with perhaps a pair of guardian aliens on the front.

It's a strange kind of orangey red color, like a mix of various fruit drinks.  There's a wave of pink head at first, but it dissipates quickly.  Not especially aromatic, just a hint of sour and raw weisse.  The taste is much fruitier, with a clear berry sweetness, and barely any sour at all.  Even the aftertaste maintains a level sweet to it, kind of a blend of fruit flavors.  It's certainly not the typical Berliner Weisse.  Maybe even those with the syrup added aren't as evenly sweetened, and that dryness might still come through.  This is akin to other fruit beers and sours being made, with a summery natural soda-like taste and hardly even a hint of alcohol.  Not what I would have chosen in the past, but I guess beer fashions can grow on me.


Supplier: Be Hoppy

Price: €7.45

No comments:

Post a Comment