Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A question answered

It's Kamala Harris for Veep.  As everybody says, it's a big deal of firsts.  She represents several marginalized groups in the US - women; people of color from a couple of groups.  Naturally, there are snipes from Republicans, and probably a number of people remember the criticisms she faced when she was running for the presidential candidacy.  She was a prosecutor in California, and according to some was responsible for a number of cases not being reexamined when new evidence came to light, or even outright suppressing evidence to get convictions.


But really, isn't that what a lot of people want right now?  A law and order candidate, a true law and order candidate, who will actually get the job done.  I was surprised she didn't get more traction during her campaign for that very reason.  We're in a difficult time and we're seeing lots of smoke, but no fire in the oven.  People want to see real action being taken, even if it doesn't necessarily help them.

I don't have much against Biden, beyond his being another sloppy speaker, and being far too mushy moderate for my taste.  But I guess when I vote, if I am allowed to vote ever again, I'll really be voting for the Veep.

No comments:

Post a Comment