Saturday, July 20, 2019

oh summer nights

Back to my dear stouts, in spite of summer!  I think of it as a psychological trick to remind me of cooler, darker nights.  Basqueland Brewing Project is one of the good breweries, alright, with a sparkling variety and high quality black beers, at least in my experience.  Begi Haunda Oatmeal Stout isn't on my list yet, though.  Time to slap it on!
Looks thick and substantial, with that sweetish aroma you get with the right kind of dark beer.  Not sweet at first sip, just a mild toasty bitter, but a sort of licorice bubbles up after a few seconds.  The toastiness never disappears completely, hanging around after the licorice is gone.  There's some kind of chocolate hiding in the background too, milk rather than dark.  It doesn't take long for a bit of tanginess to come out too, not my favorite thing with the black beers, but it's not too sharp.  Overall, it's a creamy only slightly sweet beer that doesn't let a lot of clashing tastes in.  Although there are some oddities that pop up from time to time, the flavors are generally consistent and relaxed, a good brew for colder weather, but not so heavy that it's difficult in the summer.
(Grumble) I need to find a nicer background...

Supplier: Más Que Cervezas
Price: €2.75

No comments:

Post a Comment