Saturday, July 13, 2019

(not quite) middle american

This was my backup for the 4th, even though it isn't an American beer - it just has a fine American name: Missouri.  Go back a couple generations, and that's my America!  Garage Beer of Barcelona made it, but there is more than one brewery in Spain with American roots.  If I did some digging, who knows what I would find.  Maybe something to do for August.  It's a fruity gose, containing grapefruit, lemon and blood orange, so I don't know if I'll really be celebrating this one.  It might be a good thing that I decided to keep it for later.
Rather classic color, a little on the cloudy side.  The head is nice and clean white, but disappears after a few seconds.  The beer is still bubbly, though.  Tangy, sour aroma, a hint of champagne.  Reminds me of a much milder version of the grape ale a couple of Beermads ago; that one wasn't one of my favorites, but if this is a lighter way to go it might be good for the summer day.  There is a quick sour grab at the tongue, but not with the acidity that I was worried about.  It's actually pretty smooth.  While it's sour beer on top, there's an undercurrent of real beeriness with a sweetish grain and round flavor.  It's a little strange tasting both at once.  Definitely a summer beer for me, with a fruity sharpness that gives you a quick pick-me-up on a hot afternoon/evening, but too light and flashy for a winter drink in my personal taste.  I like it better than the grape one, it has some more complexity and smoothness.  Easier to drink a whole can of.

Supplier: La Buena Pinta
Price: €5.80

No comments:

Post a Comment