Friday, January 6, 2017

Beermas Day 12

On the twelfth day of Beermas I poured out for me
Twelve curmudgeons drumming (fingers)
Eleven roosters pipping
Ten kingly pilsners
Nine ladies sighing
Eight cream ales fizzing
Seven spicy mockswans
Six stones a-hanging
Five golden caps
Four calling birds
Three speckled hens
Two flightless non-doves
And a pear cider fresh from the tree
Aw, the last day and I slip up, huh?  Well, at least I can say I post on a holiday anyway.  To end my Beermas I have Founder's Curmudgeon, which I've actually had before on tap, although I didn't remember that when I bought it.  It's fitting, though, as it tasted like Christmas to me at the time.  Here's to a year of beer and happiness and everything else.  Don't you see his fingers drumming with impatience at all the young whippersnappers who think they're so smart?
Drum, drum, drum...
Just popping the cap releases some kind of holiday scent, sweet, spicy, inviting.  I get a little bit of apple with closer inspection.  It looks like a foamy apple cider in color and cloudiness.  But, it's much bitterer, with only a hint of sweet and sour apple as an aftertaste, then going more rum-sweet after a few sips.  Something almost smoky starts to develop, still with hints of fruitiness.  It tastes like a Christmas punch or spiced beer, heavy for the summer, which I thought in June, but very nice on a chilly winter night.

Supplier: La Tienda de la Cerveza
Price: €5.50

No comments:

Post a Comment