Saturday, November 5, 2016

prime time beer

So I've had my Oktoberfest and my Halloween, now I have my prize.  Every once in a while, some Czech beers wander through, and tend to fly off the shelves, 'cause reputation.  Primátor has been around in various forms over the past few years, always a treat.  I got the last one this time!  I don't even think there was any Bernard left, and that's been a lot more present in the beer stores recently.  I saved it for last from my last beer run, since it doesn't really have any holiday connections, and "best for last" and all that.
Ta-da!
If anything exemplifies a beer, here it is.  The color is right, the smell is right, I managed to get a not over-abundance of head.  And there's that nice bittersweet flavor, not as grassy as other Central European lagers, but not overly bitter either.  Although I must admit my tastes have been developing towards stronger flavored beers, this is quite a nice little lager.  It's smooth and balanced, but leaning on the sweeter side.  I kind of wish I was in the middle of a serious discussion, because this is the kind of beer that keeps your tongue light and agile, not weighed down or tied up.  Too bad I don't have a Twitter account, I could start some shit.  @FuckfaceVonClownstick.  (Yeah, I know it's an old joke, but the video was just featured on Slate.)
And some things just call out for alcohol.
Supplier: La Birratorium
Price: €2.25-2.45

No comments:

Post a Comment