Saturday, October 15, 2016

oh, time to check

La Birratorium was off my radar for a little bit, due to vacations and then extended vacations.  But now we're all back mostly in full swing.  Given the season, I thought a nice German beer was called for; I've had my Spanish märzen, where's my German equivalent?  Spaten's Oktoberfestbier isn't a märzen, but it is German, and it does say Oktoberfest on the label.
Bring on the beer, little horsies
It comes out pretty fizzy, but the head doesn't last too long.  It's a light straw yellow color, maybe a little lighter than I'd like, now that I'm such a craft beer snob.  It's not terribly aromatic either, but the scent there is has a pleasant sweetness to it.  The taste is very mild, just a little bit sweet and mellow, with none of the grassiness or odd aftertaste I've gotten from a lot of wheat beers.  I was told it's one of the less flavorful beers on the German shelf, so maybe that accounts for it, but I'm not really unsatisfied at all.  It's an excellent beer for a long sit-down, not heavy at all, easy to drink, light enough that food or serious talk aren't interrupted, but not so tasteless that it might as well be water.  It's a seasonal beer, this one, but one worth the wait through the rest of the year.


Supplier: La Birratorium
Price: €2.25-2.45 (o paperless, receiptless days we live in)

No comments:

Post a Comment