Saturday, October 1, 2016

halloween on the way

Hooray, my favorite month with my favorite holiday!  I stopped by Cervezorama, resurrected, and picked up something special from their now numerous fridges.  I'm surprised I haven't grabbed a Reptilian Apokalypse before, given my affection for stouts and such things.
These things
But there it was, like a sign that scary things are coming.  Good scary, though.  Just gotta get ready.  It's a brandy barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout, so it's definitely a fortifying drink.  Strong draughts for strong souls.  I have, in fact, come across Reptilian before, and even a stout, but this one looks even more demonic somehow.
Extra sweet smell, with something of an mandariny touch.  It looks heavy and black, not especially heady though.  First the taste is sweet, but there's a not unpleasant woodiness that follows on its heels, and it goes down with a bitter finish.  It's a smooth beer in spite of the alcohol kick, with the brandy barrel taking out the smokiness of the typical stout.  There's no candy weighing the flavor down, even though it stays sweet, so it's a pleasant drink.  
As black as my own heart

Supplier: Cervezorama
Price: €4.70

No comments:

Post a Comment