Saturday, July 16, 2016

super!

Brabante is a successful craft beer, I think.  It's popped up on signs outside of bars all over town and is even on tap at my favorite restaurant empire.  At least, in the toasty parts.  Like Cibeles, it's become easy to find even in regular supermarkets, so after a couple of shopping trips and seeing it just so available, I decided to grab something easy.  It is local, after all.  Brabante Lager, for those bright summer evenings.
Pride, strength, independence...what else do you want from your beer?
The smell is especially beery, I think, much like regular lagers.  The color is a little light for my taste, accustomed as I am to ales and stouts.  It's a light lemony straw color, fluffy white head, very bubbly.  I remember Brabante being on the sour side, but it must have been another style, as this lager isn't sour at all.  It's mildly sweet, as many lagers are, with just a hint of grain in the aftertaste.  I'm reminded of a good many German lagers that have come by my table.  It's mild and refreshing, although not nearly as awakening as some IPAs and the like.  A good table beer to go with a good conversation or other evening entertainment.


Supplier: Carrefour
Price: €1.95

No comments:

Post a Comment