Saturday, July 30, 2016

(billy) goat!

Despite the abundance of beers to try, sometimes I feel like there should be more Czech representation.  They do consume the most per capita, after all.  Pilsner Urquell is around, on tap even, but...it's just not the same.  And it's not so good, unless it's unfiltered.  There was some Kozel on tap at Prost Chamberí! some months ago, long gone now, and that was nice.  Something besides the normal offering.  Kozel has been in the beer stores before, although it's been a long time since I've seen it.  It must be a time of exportation, since now we have Primátor and Bernard available, since Kozel was sitting there on the shelf with them at Espuma.  My first visit to them, and worth the trip!  Since there's no more on tap, I'll content myself with a bottle of dark billy goat beer.
Baaattle...oh, did someday else already do that?
Nice warm color, deep brown and just a little ruddy.  The head, on the other hand, is light and fluffy, dissipating rather quickly.  That familiar grainy smell is there, like a summer field.  The taste is lighter than I recall from the tap, a little watery even.  Still, sweet and what you expect from central European dark beers.  While the wateriness could be irritating at first, it does take out the danger of the beer getting too syrupy later on.  While we could use some lower temperatures here, like I recall from my visits east, at least the beer stays light and refreshing, and most importantly, tasty.


Supplier: Espuma
Price: €1.95

No comments:

Post a Comment