Saturday, October 3, 2015

developing a sweet tooth?

I like beer.  I like bock beer.  I like raspberries.  I have not much liked fruit in my beer until recently.  Feeling inspired to try things out of my ordinary with the closing of the beer store, I picked up a raspberry bock.  It's Mikkeller, a brand I know and have come to enjoy, so trust is there.  It was a bit pricey, but sometimes we have to splurge if we're going to have new experiences.

The air fills with raspberry tanginess as soon as the cap comes off, sort of a raspberry chocolate smell in fact.  That's probably just wishful thinking on my part, though.  It pours a little transparently for a bock, but in the glass it has a solid chestnut color, with a fluffy beige head.  Raspberry flavor definitely hangs around in that head, overpowering the beeriness at first.  Bock isn't a very bitter beer anyway, so it doesn't make itself known too strongly.  There's a certain balance of beer and fruit, like it should be, although in the past I might have argued against the adulteration of beer at all.  I must be getting tolerant in my age.

Supplier: Cervezorama (RIP)
Price: €8.40

No comments:

Post a Comment