Saturday, June 27, 2015

wishful thinking

While browsing Prost Chamberí's shelves, Naparbier's Blackrock jumped out at me.  I guess it could have been that skull, so reminiscent of Halloween.  Or just the nostalgia of more comfortable days, when dark beers of all stripes are promoted.

It's dark brown/black like a good stout, or a good, comfortable evening.  The coffee is evident in the smell, although not especially strong.  The cocoa is predominant in the taste at first, though, with just a little coffee, mocha more like, coming through in the aftertaste.  It's exactly my taste in stouts, and generally what my safety beer is, having both the typical beer bitter and a little smoothness with something chocolatey.  No matter how hot it is, it's the best for me.

Supplier: Prost Chamberí
Price: €2.80

No comments:

Post a Comment