Wednesday, June 10, 2015

a slight miscalculation

I'm cheating a little, since I didn't have another German beer lying around.  The label reflects my anticipation and excitement about the film fest, though, so good enough.  It's actually a beer from Alicante, in spite of the pseudo-Germanicness of the name.  A red ale that swears on bitterness, a pick-me-up and eye-opener on a gray and dreary day...we'll see.
Don't let the light fool you, it's gray
Those categories..."Highmalts Unhøly; Brønhërhøød of 7 MALTS; Clan HOPS Brønhërs of MëtalBrëw; YEAST, Saccharømycës cërëvisia øpën bar!!; Spëcial guëst føm the Nëw Brëwørld"

The color is impressive, being a nice, dark red, with just a little touch of brown.  The head is light colored and unaggressive.  There's a sweetness to the smell, but I'm still surprised by how sweet the taste is, after all the posturing about the hops.  It really is a mellower, more rounded flavor, almost peach-like I think, than I was expecting.  As I drink, I keep analyzing the taste, looking for that little hint of sharpness, but it stays sweet and kind of giggly feeling.  Not quite what I associate with metal, but the over-the-topness leaves you with the feeling that anything can happen.
Here's to anything
And I do believe that cow is mooning me

Supplier: Más Que Cervezas
Price: €3.15

1 comment:

  1. Dear Twisted mind,
    The way you handle and caress the bottle.The way you describe your voluptuous inner tasting experience once spilled in your mouth. I have no words.

    ReplyDelete