Saturday, April 25, 2015

to raise the dead

Easter has come and gone for this year, but Madrid "spring" hasn't quite decided to stay.  And as soon as it does, it will be time for summer.  *grump*  Before that though, I could try something different: a Swedish beer, labeled Easter Ale.
Is the rooster calling out a resurrection?
The beer gives off a sweet fruity odor and has a dark orangey gold color.  The head isn't too thick, but resistant and a sort of off-white.  The taste is smooth and only slightly bitter.  I half expected a sweeter taste to go with the smell, or a little citrusiness, but I don't get any of that from this ale.  It's a more standard taste than many crafts I've tried.  I find the bitterness hangs around a little bit in the mouth after a few sips, but it's a subtle flavor.  It stays mild and unintrusive, a good sipping beer for relaxing with a movie or with some friends.  It does have more of a warm weather feel for me, so there's something to keep in mind for the next few months.

Supplier: La Birratorium
Price: €3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment