Saturday, April 11, 2015

no, no tomatoes

It's still time for stouts I say, it's only early spring...ah, who am I kidding, it's always time for stout in my book.  Italian beers do not figure prominently on the shelves, so I can't resist the possible newness either.
It has the good black color, and a milk chocolatey head, not especially odorous.  Getting close to the beer you can get a whiff of sour milky stout.  The first taste gives a dark chocolate punch, with a sort of toasty follow-up.  This really isn't a very bitter stout, although it is hardy and strong flavored.  The taste has a somewhat higher note than I normally associate with stouts, but certainly not unpleasant.  As is often the case, it does build up the sweetness with some time, but it's a very mild mild sort of sweet.  Rather than coffee, I'm going with mocha as the defining flavor for this beer.  It is tasty, perhaps a bit heavy for a warmer day...nah, that wouldn't stop me at all.  I think I couldn't quite get behind a spaghetti dinner with it, though.  A nice tiramisu might hit the spot. 
Supplier: Birra y Paz
Price:€5

No comments:

Post a Comment