Saturday, March 14, 2015

yes, drink a peach

So, I've said many times that I'm not a fan of lambics.  But sometimes a challenge comes along, and you can't help taking it.  Besides the cider, The Beer Garden also had a varied stock of lambics, with the usual red berry ones.  And, peach.  That's new for me.  Guess I better try it.
So unassuming
Krtek?
It definitely smells peachy, like a peach yogurt.  Somehow I was expecting a pinker liquid, but really the beer is peach colored.  A light head bubbles up and settles down quickly.  Now the taste: changeable; first sweet and then sour, quickly becoming sweet again.  Much less tongue-strangling than the last lambic I tried - although with undeniable sour notes, very manageable and balanced.  The taste is clean, and also a bit like peach yogurt, and doesn't hang around much after the beer is swallowed.  The balance and smoothness remain from top to bottom.  I'm pleasantly surprised by this lambic.  I may even try other Timmermans', just out of curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment