Saturday, June 8, 2013

refueling

Nothing after a long night's teach than a black ale!  I actually spent the day thinking about it sitting and waiting for me.
Tall, dark and mysterious?
The description on the side was a little unsettling; there's something that takes you aback about calling a beer "whore" and "slut", but at the same time it will "rip you to the tits".  I have to say my experience with Libertine was not so violent, and I am not sorry about that.  It's wafty as soon as it's opened, with an earthy, aley smell.  The beer is a chocolaty brown liquid, bubbly but low head.  It has an oddly citrusy taste; I'm used to more bitterness from my ales and smokiness from my black beers, but it's a nice variation from the norm.  After a while on the table it ends up sweeter than most ales, but smooth and easy to swallow to the end.
Is it me, or does that glass of ale look like a tease?

No comments:

Post a Comment