Saturday, June 15, 2013

a realization

I got this beer from a friend who went to Prague on business and grabbed some bottles at the airport.  I remember tasty beers in the Czech Republic, even if not as daring as the craft beers that have graced my palate, so this was...disappointing.  The color appears weak at first, sort of diluted brown, like watery flat Coke.  It has a pilsy bitter taste, not like ale or IPA and the more I look at the color the more it seems really tea-like.  But a weak tea.  It takes on an odd kind of ramen noodle smell after a while.  It's kind of watery from start to finish, and nothing memorable appears in the beginning or the end of drinking it.  It's just not what i'm used to anymore - I've become a beer snob!  But really, who expects to find a good beer in the airport?
I think it's Czech for "blah"

No comments:

Post a Comment