Sunday, April 29, 2012

what ginger ale should mean

Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted Blond Beer.


That's what it should mean.

The bottle has eye-catching words on it, that one might think a mere marketing ploy, but no.  I can assure you they are not.


The middle one is less noticeable to me than the other two; I got a pretty normal beery aroma, and not much else to speak of.  But at the first sip I caught definite spice, and wow!  It does have a nice little kick.  It's spicy at first taste, mellow but with noticeable bitterness in the aftertaste.  I found it to have a citrusy tingle even a minute after swallowing.  When pouring the beer, it's fizzy, with a good head which becomes a light foam.  The taste becomes fruitier as the beer warms, acquiring what seems like a hint of banana to me.

Imagine elves and reindeer frolicking around the glass
I think the spiciness is what makes me think of ginger, and then Christmas.  Seems like it ought to be toasted with and chased with candy canes.

No comments:

Post a Comment