Saturday, February 11, 2023

for the pros

Continuing the route of darkness, another nationally made stout.  I get raves about Sanfrutos from various sources, although I have not been blown away by their stuff.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't been disappointed either, but their beers have been limited to proper, well-made, satisfiers, not miracles.  Actually, there was a stout on tap at Gaztambirra that did me good, now that I think of it.  I should really give Pro Negro a fair shot.

Very promising appearance, black, deep space black in color.  It's slightly plummy in the nose, a little bit scratchy.  The drinking part is smooth as silk, though, with a touch of fruit on top of a well-cooked dark chocolate cake.  It has a nice feel to it, very balanced and not overly heavy, but also no watery nothing in the mouth.  With such a carefully crafted start, it's no surprise that there isn't much change from the first sip to the bottom of the bottle; the feel, flavors and overall sensation of the beer remains the same from beginning to end.  And maybe this wasn't a miracle, but it was a damn fine drink.

Supplier: Lambeer
Price: €3.95

No comments:

Post a Comment