Saturday, May 14, 2022

a colorful life

As temperatures rise and things get less comfortable, I feel like I should stock up a bit in my beer pantry.  I also feel like I should be on the lookout for some more summery styles, pale ales, sours and the like.  You know, just in case of the unlikely event I don't feel like a stout.  If it's not a stout, there better be something interesting about it, and Little Rain has an eye catching can.  Very classic in design, artistic reference.  La Vie En Rose hints at something sophisticated, or excessively sugar-glazed.  I hope it's not a waste of raspberries.

It is absolutely pink, like Mort Subité pink, with Pink Panther pink head.  The head sadly dissipates shortly, leaving the beer itself in the glass like carbonated Kool-Aid.  It also has an aroma much like those red fruit beers, with a little sour and tang and a tiny bit of grain lurking in the background.  It tastes tart and fruity upfront, with a good fizzy kick, although there's a sneaking lager-type sweetness and trails along right behind.  It has a better balance than some cherry beers, with that mellow beeriness holding the tart-sour back from exploding into the sky.  It's a very light feeling beer, very clean with little to no aftertaste.  The raspberry has a gentle and natural sweetness, which only a few fruit beers have been able to pull off in my experience, and I guess there was supposed to be lime too?  I can't quite detect it, but maybe it has something to do with the overall snappiness.  Although not on my top shelf, it's recommendable, quite a treat for a fan of fruit sours.
Oh hey, new glass!
Supplier: La Buena Pinta

Price: €6.90

No comments:

Post a Comment