Saturday, February 20, 2021

spring a-springing

Well, we still don't know when the virus terror will leave us, but the terror of hanging around at home forces everybody into the streets more and more.  Spring is well on its way, with breezy days and warm afternoons, and with a ridiculous crowd of lollygaggers spread across every street and plaza.  Fortunately for me, I don't need an outside table to enjoy my beer.  It is better to have a special beer, though, locally made, connected to the area, supportive of local commerce.  I've come across The One at Beermad (remember when there were fairs?), but I do not believe I have had their red ale - La Pelirroja De Getafe.

It's a pleasant ruddy red color, darker than other recent red ales, strongly beer in aroma, but with a slightly pastry-like note.  The flavor is a slide right down to grainy breadiness from a starting high of vaguely sweet and orangey.  While it's interesting, I'm not sure I like the suddenness of the change right at the beginning.  I was expecting a bit more body, but it's a fairly thin beer.  The powerful end notes make it hard to just drink down without noticing, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment