Saturday, April 18, 2020

no explosion

There isn't much to be said that overstates my anticipation for this beer.  It's a stout, so that's already a plus, but it's also been a couple of weeks since I've had good chocolate in my house.  I could probably find some if I wanted to take the time, but I don't like spending minutes and hours in the supermarket in the best of times, much less now.  People don't get up each others' asses like before, but you still have to have patience to navigate aisles without breaking social distancing.  So anyway, Beavertown Bomb And Cherry, a milk stout with black cherry to boot.  I haven't had any Cherry Coke for a while either...
The look is pleasing, good dark color, thick and resistant head, kind of underwhelming aroma.  It has just a hint of cherry in it, but it's more of a standard stout scent.  The flavor closely matches the aroma, with just a little more sweetness, but there's a lot of earth to cushion it.  Unlike some sweet stouts, this one does not start out sticky in the slightest.  While there is a slight tanginess to the touch of cherry, it's not a candied sweet, more like natural cherries.  A little cake-appropriate spice starts to make an appearance, reminiscent of cinnamon but mixed with applesauce, like.  Some hints of chocolate also make some cameos, giving the beer a real party feeling, a beverage for a celebration.  I guess we could celebrate the plateau, assuming it's going to go down.  Bomb And Cherry isn't even 6% alcohol though, so I don't think it qualifies as medicinal, should we need some in the future.

Supplier: Más Que Cervezas
Price: €3.76

No comments:

Post a Comment