Saturday, March 21, 2020

here's to the apocalypse

I thought it best to pick up some goods before a probable lockdown, and I was not alone.  A couple of people were packing up a good number of bottles and cans from Be Hoppy, and while I was making my purchase somebody called through the doorway asking about hours "before the apocalypse".  The answer was they were going to close up shop at four, any bottle and can was welcome to be bought, but no drafts.  Naparbier's Zombified Imperial Stout really looked like the right choice for the moment.
Ugh, when a zombie has better teeth than you do...
Although it's not a pastry stout, it's similar in look and aroma to my recent Small Pleasure.  There's a little more spice in this one, though, something verging on cinnamon.  It's more a typical stout, with a little dirt and a little smoke, in flavor.  I'm not getting a lot of coffee out of this one, although there might be a hint of dark chocolate.  It has a pretty heavy feel, one of the more syrupy beers.  It doesn't leave a lot of aftertaste, though.  While it's a good beer for a barbecue or a night with some savory dishes, I don't think it would be my top choice if I was going to be fighting zombies soon afterwards.  Need something with a little more zap...

Supplier: Be Hoppy
Price: ∼€4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment