Saturday, March 28, 2020

grinding on

I had been collecting a good number of stouts over the past few weeks, but we're in spring now, so something a little lighter might be in order.  Of course, it is still March, so it might feel like winter again.  Plus, we're stuck inside anyway.  I had to search long and hard to find this red ale from North Brewing.  I was congratulated on my choice when I brought it up to the counter, so that gives me hope.  West Coast Red Ale better not let me down now.
Ruddy but clear, very light beige head, piney aroma.  It's quite a mouthful, more than I expected from the appearance, with a touch of bittersweet and bread.  You might think that a West Coast ale would have more of the craft IPA fruity hops, but I'm not sure I even detect any fruit at the start.  Maybe the bitter could be grapefruit.  It's not very citrusy, though.  It's a very calm and light flavor, relaxing, pleasant.  It could be enjoyable on a balcony, looking down on a deserted street in the afternoon, or huddled up on the couch at night with a good book or disease disaster movie.

Supplier: Be Hoppy
Price: ∼€5.60

No comments:

Post a Comment