Thursday, December 26, 2019

secondly

On the first day of Beermas I went and bought for me
A bird dropping beads on the street
Two turtledoves

That's a nickname for lovers, right?  And one of them is an owl, so a real bird.  They certainly do look cozy, La Quince's owl and Guineu's fox.  It is also a blend of the black velvet stout and milk stout, so a little duality there too, even though the beers are quite similar to begin with.  Black Velvet Vanilla blew me away the first time I had it, the Chocolate was also pretty good, Hazelnut not so much...I don't remember now if I have actually tried the Milk Stout from the bottle.  From the tap it's quite alright.  (Oh, dammit.)
It has a slight hint of licorice in the aroma, and the head has a good cocoa appearance.  The taste is surprisingly tangy and tart, but with a lactose sweetness.  While not excessively sweet, the beer has a solid body and a commanding presence.  After the initial sweetness I start to pick out some toast and smoke among the flavors, giving it more stouty weight.  It seems to get bubblier, more soda-like if I let it sit for a while, although it doesn't change much in flavor.  It is a nice flavor, I'll give it that.  And appropriately tingly and snappy for the season.

Supplier: Heneket
Price: €4.95

No comments:

Post a Comment