Thursday, August 15, 2019

agitated amber

Stocking up for the possible dry spell in August can be daunting, and Espuma tried to encourage their clients by having an 8-for-7 sale.  If only I had that carrier, coulda taken 8 bottles home pretty easily.  As it was, I didn't get that many.  I'm leaning towards the black beers as always, but maybe an amber ale would be a nice change.  And La Pirata's Sansa gives you a feeling of dark events happening on the label.  It definitely puts me in the mood for Halloween, in August at that.  Who am I kidding, I'm in the mood for Halloween as much as I'm in the mood for stouts, which is to say pretty much always.
Filling the bottle at the secret cat beer pond
It's a substantial looking beer, with a dark orange color, kind of opaque and pumpkiny.  While it has a hint of amber sweet, it's more of a citrusy ale aroma that comes off it.  The taste is also well within ale territory, with a touch of citrus and a good helping of bitter.  It's an easy drinker, with a good presence in the mouth, even to the point of feeling almost creamy.  It takes a little while for a strong taste of bitter to build up, but it does show up eventually, staking out the back of the tongue.  It's a nice little pumpkin pie of an ale, even if it has nothing to do with pumpkins.  If only I could bring it to a certain horror movie...

Supplier: Espuma
Price: €2.95

No comments:

Post a Comment