Saturday, April 27, 2019

*pop* top

Still looking for my porter/stouts, although with summer coming I might have to let my strategy evolve a little bit.  In any case, Porterhouse's Plain Porter is there for me today.  I have to admit it was the little pull-tab cap that was the final decision maker, but at the same time you can't say no to an Irish porter.
The cap pops off super smooth, with a satisfying little *tok*.  While dark, the beer is not quite black or opaque, letting a little milk chocolate light be seen at the bottom.  Portery, slightly sweet aroma, mildly lactose.  The taste is a bit startling, not sweet at all despite the smell.  It's on the sour side at first, in fact, and eventually winds down into bitter.  No chocolate here, no way.  It's not one of those smoky black beers either, it's earthy if anything.  It's not an especially smooth drink, a tad on the rough side, but enjoyable.  A nice choice for a colder evening, but light enough for year-round savoring, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Supplier: Espuma
Price: €3.20

No comments:

Post a Comment