Saturday, March 10, 2018

ha-HAH!

On a drippy morning you don't always think about shopping fondly, even beer shopping.  It's a good excuse to get out of the house, though.  And I don't have to go very far to Cerevisia, anyway.  The rain let up on my jaunt down, although I did have to protect my bag on the way back.  Inside, it seemed like a good idea to find something bright and shiny to contrast with the weather.  Clown Shoes Beer Mangö looks like the thing.  It also seems like I see more and more cans of beer in the beer stores, at least from the US.  Save those shipping costs!
Phew, doesn't look at all like Pennywise!
It's bright and promising in the pour, bubbly and heady, and with a little tingle of fruit aroma.  It's not as sharp as IPAs can be, less citrusy and stronger on the mango, naturally.  It looks a lot like a typical kölsch, with a light yellow color.  The taste is heavily fruit punchy for me.  The mango is strong even in the beginning and puts a lot of weight on the tropical flavor side of things.  There isn't even a hint of bitterness or sourness, and I would go so far as to say that this beer reminds me of fruit juice with a splash of beer in it.  It's not terribly strong, 5.5%, but the normal beeriness is absent to my tastebuds.  It's a fun experiment, and would be splendid on a summer afternoon or evening, preferably under the shade of some umbrella or tree.  Even those of us who aren't beer drinkers would enjoy it, as long as they don't mind a little buzz afterwards.

Supplier: Cerevisia
Price: €3.60

No comments:

Post a Comment