Saturday, February 13, 2016

some suggestions

Caldera Brewing seems to be following the line of thought that cans are better for export than bottles, being lighter and all.  They're also said to be good for fast chilling of the beverage inside, although it's also true that they'll let it warm up faster too.  I was running out of time to pick a beer for the week, so the convenience was key this time around.  It's also a nice, restful design on the can, both reminiscent of the West and Japan.  It's the mountain, I think.
It's strongly hoppy in smell, more than I expect from an amber ale.  It has good color, though, vaguely rusty and cloudy.  Also, quite heady.  The taste is what I expect from ambers, with little to no bitterness at all.  It's not entirely sweet, but does remind me of summer and sitting in a backyard somewhere.  Although I'm aware that plenty of German beers have flavors along these lines, it seems to fall right into place as a "Western" beer for me, something you just know has to come from the Rockies or farther west. 
Oh, and those suggestions: Go skiing; go fishing; go snowboarding; go biking; go rafting; go home.  A little irony to see the last one, as I was listening to 311 at the time.

Supplier: La Birratorium
Price: ~€4 (lost my receipt; good thing I never have to return beer)

No comments:

Post a Comment