Saturday, January 17, 2015

a little late for santa

Aren't I cute?
In spite of being Belgian, always something that makes me hesitate regarding a beer, the novelty convinced me to give Cookie Beer a try.  It smells a little gingerbready, but the color is much lighter than I've come to expect from Christmas cookies.  It's sort of a dirty tan, with a bubbly white head.  The taste is surprisingly strong and very much like liquid gingerbread.  I notice the sweet first, but the low notes of spiciness are right there with it.  Hints of citrus also peak out around the edges as it's savored.  The sweetness hangs around a little as an aftertaste, like the frosting on a gingerbread house, but lighter and more palatable, probably.  It is a nice, snappy beer.  I don't think any snack is necessary to go with it, since it's a flavor that deserves to be focused on, but maybe something on the salty side like pretzels would set it off nicely.
The bottle even looks elf-sized

No comments:

Post a Comment