Saturday, December 13, 2014

the same line

I'm still on my red kick, so this looked like a likely contender despite being Belgian.  It does have that sweet apply scent to it, and a pleasant reddish color.  So far so good.  It's a nice flavor too, a bit heavy on the sweet for me at first, but a mellow bitter comes up as the beer goes down.  The apple taste wasn't apparent at first, but a few sips into it the flavor started to make itself known.  I had some worry about the stickiness in the beginning, since it started out a bit heavy, but the beer maintained a good consistency from start to finish, without becoming syrupy or excessively sweet.  I'm a little up in the air about whether this is a companion beer, one that would really be enhanced by some little nibbling on the side; the contrast with a salty snack is appealing, but probably unnecessary.  I'm going to settle for an all-around beer, satisfying by itself or with food, as well as being either a complement to conversation or a solitary pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment