Saturday, July 19, 2014

from on high

Something about the confidence of Evan Altmighty made me unable to pass it by.
It's a pretty, pale caramel color, slightly orange-y.  Heady, although not excessively so.  It's a fairly stable foam, sitting calmly on the liquid.  Very subtle aroma; unlike IPAs and other ales I've sampled recently, there's no smell at all when the bottle is uncapped, and only the lightest, slightly sweet scent from the glass.  The taste is smooth and malty, with a mild covering of bitter and smoky.  It's a deeper, richer flavor than I expected from the color, so I'm pleasantly surprised.  It's just a bit heavy for a Madrid summer evening, but I could imagine a cool inside table where this beer could be thoroughly enjoyable any time of the year.
Lighter than expected, but looks are deceiving

No comments:

Post a Comment