Saturday, July 12, 2014

for a little break

Back to Toledo and Domus, but no mention of El Greco this time.  I just can't stay away from stouts!  Take Five insists it intends to provoke feelings of jazz in the drinker, although cocktails seem jazzier to me than black beer.  Maybe I just listen to too much Black 47, but a stout seems to go better with a good rock song to me.
Although the smell does evoke the light fruit touches mentioned on the label, the taste is again like a good bar band - loud, powerful, balancing sweet and bitter.  It seems sweeter at first, but the bitter hangs around longer.  It's also a bit too sour to really be chocolatey, although some figs and plums have a little of that sourness to them.  It's quite a pick-me-up, less relaxing than other stouts in my opinion, but well worth the time to savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment