Saturday, January 4, 2014

back to the bottle

Nothing like a new year to knock me off my schedule...

After some time back in town, I managed to organize myself enough to go beer shopping, at The Beer Garden since it's the closest.  The lines of the label drawing pulled my eye to Liquid Mistress.
It is a red IPA, the color visible in the glass.  It's also quite bubbly and the head seems kind of airy, but it's also aromatic and tempting.  The label mentions peach and grapefruit, but it seems more like apple to me.  Could be a lazy nose just grabbing for the first fruity label at hand.  The flavor is tongue-covering, mostly bitter, but after swallowing it lightens up into a mild sweetness.  A little smokiness develops over the course of the bottle, the "burnt raisins" from the label I imagine.  A nice, relaxed beer, not overdoing it with complexity, but interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment