Saturday, December 21, 2013

the horned one

Like the Horned God and the Green Man together
 That threatening deer head was what really caught my attention, I guess.  Then, it's a super IPA - Madness IPA - which my taste is stuck on at the moment.  The bottle makes the beer appear deceptively dark; when poured, it's a light golden yellow, with abundant head.  The flowery-citrus smell comes off the beer even as it's being poured into the glass.  The taste matches up with the scent perfectly.  The IPA bitter overlays the citrus sweet, but there are hints of it at the first moment and in a slow-rising aftertaste.  Topping up the glass results in a fresh deposit of foam.  It reminds me a little of lemon jello covered with whipped cream.  I'd much rather have the beer.  Lemon jello, yech! 
Much tastier indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment