Saturday, March 30, 2013

from the other side

Of the ocean, I mean.  Although I had a few Brooklyn Brown Ales in July, the Brooklyn Lager did not present itself.  I was interested to see it described as "Pre-Prohibition" since I'd recently seen a beer try to connect with that era.

Once again, my refrigerator produced an eruption on opening.  Maybe the motor is making it vibrate too much these days.  Once settled, the lager has a perfect beer color.  There isn't much smell to it and even after sitting a bit it has a good head on top.  The taste is sweet, more so than many lighter beers, but the malt as a top ingredient should make that come as no surprise.  It's tasty from the start and the sweetness didn't get too heavy over time.  If it's authentically pre-Prohibition, it's something I'll have to look for when I get that time machine working.

Oh, er, what?

Seems legit, is legit

No comments:

Post a Comment