Saturday, January 19, 2013

what? it's still winter

Samuel Adam's Boston Lager is getting easier to find, but Winter Lager is something new in Madrid.  At least I haven't seen it before.  Again, I bend to imagined seasonal pressures.

It's not as foamy as Stille Nacht, although it has a similar color.  It has kind of an earthy smell, but a strangely complicated taste - sweet with salty undertones.  In fact, it reminds me of some pizza sauces.  How American can you get?  Although it has a fairly fluffy beginning, only a thin cover of foam remains after settling.  Although I had small hopes of something more...wintery, it's a perfectly drinkable lager.  Maybe I was thinking too much about Christmas, with cinnamon or peppermint or ginger.  Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment