Wednesday, July 11, 2012

red hot temps call for...

Red ales?  Maybe a St. Peter's Ruby Red Ale?

It seemed like it should be worth a try, since my other encounters with St. Peter's were resounding successes.  The bottle itself is interesting, with kind of an almond shape instead of being round.  It makes me think of an old medicine bottle for some reason.  Trying to recall the medicinal uses of alcohol in the past?  An invitation to self-medicate, perhaps?
Easier to hold onto?

The beer keeps just a thin cover of foam after filling the glass.  It has a sharp smell, one that might wake you up after a tiring day.  The taste is also sharp, even spicy, as they suggest on the label.  There isn't much sweet, although I seem to detect hints of citrus, and once the brew goes down there's a more earthy aftertaste.

And it's really red, too
 My brushes with St. Peter's continue to be positive.  It makes me want to plan a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment