Thursday, July 12, 2012

in the neighborhood, again

I picked up another example of the local brews, from a brewery I had sampled from before, although a different drink.  I'd had La Virgen's Jamonera, which is a nice red ale, but not their lager.

It comes out very bubbly, with typical beer color.  There's the cloud-white head, and barely any smell at all.  It seems to be the simplest beer you could ever want to find.  It's slightly sweet at first, later a little bitter-sour.  It's a beer that goes down very easily, you could knock back four or five bottles before you know it, probably.  Personally, I prefer a little more character to my brew, but there's nothing to really complain about at all.  Anyone who feels like drinking with connection to the city could find Madrid Lager enjoyable.
Notice the Madrid bear with the beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment