Monday, May 21, 2012

the crow again

I went looking for more cream stout, but unfortunately there was none to be found.  There was, however, Old Style Porter.  Can't stay away from those porters either.


Upon opening the bottle, I get a maltier sniff than from the stout.  It sits in the glass like the respectable beverage it is, with that near-black brown color and that cap of heavy off-white foam.  The first sip gives me that smokey, bitter porter, just like it should be.  The taste gets earthy, as drinking continues.  St. Peter's has a porter through and through, something I'd like to have next to me while I write short stories.  Or maybe to relax after a long day of walking or working, since it isn't something for those who might worry about their weight.  It certainly makes me feel like scarfing down something chocolate.
It's no cream stout shake, but it'll definitely do

No comments:

Post a Comment